Kadlec’s Family Medicine Residency Program is seeking a Board Certified Family Medicine physician to join our faculty team, where you will work with a great teaching team guiding the education of motivated residents to serve the primary care needs of Southeastern Washington and the surrounding region.
Where You’ll Work
Located in the welcoming community of Richland, (known for an outstanding quality of life in the sunny part of Washington state), our residency was accredited in 2015 and provides full spectrum family medicine through a clinic first model offering continuity clinic from the start. The program is unopposed and with the opportunity to work residents, medical students, and various other Kadlec Clinic caregivers. Kadlec Family Medicine Residency Clinic has a state of the art clinic that was designed specifically to be a Residency clinic and with available on site resources such as in-house X-ray, ultrasound machines, 24/7 interpreter services, psychologists available to help with behavioral health needs, referral coordinators, and transitional care coordinators.
Kadlec Clinic is a growing network of primary and specialty care physicians and clinics in the Tri-Cities area of southeast Oregon and northeast Washington. Kadlec Clinic collaborates with Kadlec Regional Medical Center, the most advanced hospital in the area, and HR Solutions has awarded Kadlec a Best in Class seal for its high employee satisfaction ratings. Kadlec Clinic’s providers and staff are dedicated to combining the latest in medical technology with compassionate, respectful and personalized health care.
Kadlec is the leading health care organization in the Tri-Cities and surrounding region of southeast Washington, where it operates Kadlec Regional Medical Center hospital and a network of more than 40 primary and specialty care clinics. Home to a growing heart and vascular program, it also has a world-class digital outpatient imaging center. Part of the Providence family, Kadlec’s more than 3,000 employees are committed to its mission of providing safe, compassionate care.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Where You’ll Live
Kennewick, Pasco and Richland make up Tri-Cities, an area that has experienced great scientific and agricultural growth, including an internationally recognized wine industry. A cost-of-living index of 95, no state income tax and high-tech businesses make Tri-Cities an excellent area to make a home and a living. With 300 days of sunshine a year, it has a dry climate with hot summers and mild winters. If you enjoy year-round recreation such as golf, fishing, cycling and hiking, this is the place for you.
This is a full-time salary position with the majority of your talents applied to teaching, but also with your own direct patient care. Being a board-certified family physician is required and prior graduate medical education experiences with precepting, advising and curriculum development is desirable. We offer the opportunity for faculty training through our association with University of Washington and the Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana and Idaho (WWAMI) Family Medicine Residency Network.
The Core Faculty functions as a member of the Family Medicine Residency Faculty team with responsibilities that will focus on a broad array of primary care and includes teaching of residents with a focus of continuity of care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clinical supervision and precepting of residents
- Provision of direct patient care
- Didactic teaching for residents
- Serving as an advisor and role model for residents
- Participation and leadership in quality improvement and patient safety activities
- Participation in program clinical competency and program evaluation committees
- Participation in application review and interview of candidates for residency position
- Receives complaints about medical personnel and works to resolve problems in accordance with established clinic policies and procedures
- Adherence to professional behavior as written in our “Standards of Excellence” guideline
- Participation in the Practitioner’s share of coverage duties, call, clinical supervision, and teaching
- Learner remediation as required and directed by the program director
- Other duties and responsibilities as designated by supervision
- Knowledge of health care delivery and administration, as well as legal and ethical issues related to health care.
- Ability to work with a team approach to management. Ability to work as a member of a team in order to solicit input from other affected departments or individuals, communicate pertinent information to other team members, and support team decisions.
- Ability to be persuasive and diplomatic in encouraging teamwork and cooperation in the pursuit of excellence in service.
- Ability to communicate effectively and exercise sound and responsible judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal. Ability to establish constructive working relationships with all levels of management and employees in a staff of varied and diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to handle difficult or confrontational situations in a calm, consistent, and equitable manner.
- Ability to supervise others and delegate effectively.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively represent the Clinic’s interests in the community; maintaining effective working relationships among public, private and professional groups.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Current Washing license prior to starting
- Current CPR
- Family Medicine Residents
- Medical students at times
Kadlec offers a comprehensive benefits package designed to support your health and well-being including an array of health plans, CME allowance, relocation allowance and great compensation package. Explore the HR Service Portal at HRforCaregivers.org to learn about all your options by browsing the KADLEC guest section.