East Pierce Addiction Medicine Fellowship is seeking a dually board eligible/board certified Addiction Medicine (ABPM) and Family Medicine (ABFM or ABOFP) physician with strong academic skills for our fellowship program. This is a full-time position incorporating a mixture of inpatient and outpatient clinical and academic work teaching both Residents and Fellows across care settings.
MultiCare East Pierce Addiction Medicine Fellowship is a 12-month, 1-2 fellow training program in comprehensive Addiction Medicine treatment with a focus on care of pregnant women affected by substance use. Faculty have the opportunity to teach students, residents, and fellows across a variety of settings including an outpatient general Addiction Medicine practice, a walk-in clinic serving the needs of pregnant women with substance use disorders, a hospital consultation service, and participate in the planning and opening of an inpatient treatment program for pregnant women.
This program is based within MultiCare East Pierce Family Medicine, a full-spectrum Family Medicine residency training 6 residents per year to serve the diverse healthcare needs of the South Sound region. EPFM is part of the MultiCare Health System, a not-for-profit health care organization committed to our mission of “partnering for healing and a healthy future”. Our 18,000 team members (employees, providers and volunteers) are united by MultiCare’s values of respect, integrity, stewardship, excellence, collaboration and kindness. EPFM is a fully accredited program and part of the University of Washington Family Medicine Residency Network, comprising some of the finest Family Medicine training programs in the country.
Competitive salary, a full array of benefits and a great location makes this an ideal choice for the provider who is looking to experience the best of Northwest living from big-city amenities to the pristine beauty and recreational opportunities of the great outdoors.
• Board certified/board eligible by the American Board of Preventive Medicine in Addiction Medicine
• Board certified/board eligible by the American Board of Family Medicine or American Osteopathic Board of Family Physicians
• Licensed in the state of WA by the time of employment
• Current buprenorphine waiver
• Demonstrate experience and competency in teaching and patient care (obstetrics preferred)
• Hospital call required
• Three years of post-training practice experience is preferred
• DEA, NPI & unrestricted prescriptive authority
• Current BLS for Healthcare Providers certification by the American Heart Association
Visit the MultiCare Careers website for more information and to apply.