For New Site Directors
For All Site Directors
Orientation to your clerkship site
Mid and End of Clerkship Review Meetings
- Mid and End of Clerkship Review Informative Video
- Student Feedback Card – developed by Mark Nguyen for use during Mid and End of Clerkship reviews.
Letters of Recommendation
- Best Practices: Letter of Recommendation Tips
- Writing Letters of Recommendation for Any Student presentation
Guide to Identifying Student Mistreatment
For All Teaching Faculty
- New Preceptor Guide
- Teaching Physician website: LOTS of resources related to a wide array of topics: learners in difficulty, professionalism, residents as teachers, and much more. Login info: please e-mail email@example.com for this information.
- Focus of the Month: a variety of short articles and links to more resources. Examples: Communicating about a Learner in Difficulty, Integrate Learners into Your Clinic Team, Bringing New Learners Into Your Clinic
- Society of Teachers of Family Medicine: Teaching, Research, and Point-of-Care Resource Library for family medicine educators
- Optimizing the Educational Environment: GLEAM
- Best Practices for Maintaining Clinic Flow While Teaching
- 5 Microskills for Teaching
- Services for Students
Medical Student Documentation
- Examples of attestations for documentation when medical student is present
- FAQ: Medical Student Documentation for Evaluation and Management Services
- Note: These two documents are for UW and faculty should clear this policy with their own organizations before using.
Updated June 2022