Family Medicine Special Electives
Inside the WWAMI region
for Family Medicine Special Electives outside the WWAMI region, please see FAMED 697.
Maximum 24 credits. Offered: AWSpS
Students must successfully complete all required Patient Care Phase Clerkship courses to register for FAMED 699.
Description: Supplemental experience in rural/urban practice or a family medicine department in a setting not already established through the family medicine curriculum.
For other pertinent information about FAMED 699, including the application process and deadlines, application, and considerations for approval, please visit the UW School of Medicine Academic Affairs page: https://education.uwmedicine.org/curriculum/by-phase/clinical/explore-and-focus/special-assignment-electives/
Instructions for Applying
- Complete the application found on the UW SOM Academic Affairs page
- Your primary preceptor must have a UW clinical faculty appointment.
- Click here to check on their clinical faculty status.
- E-mail your completed application to the Family Medicine Clerkship admin at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Assuming your application is approved, send the Clinical Elective Evaluation Form and Elective Grade Anchors and Criteria to your preceptor when you begin your clinical elective. The Evaluation Form is due back from your preceptor to email@example.com one week following the completion of your elective.
Visiting Students: Please visit this page instead: http://www.uwmedicine.org/education/md-program/visiting-students.