The PCI Lab researches the design, development, testing and implementation of new technologies and innovations in primary care. This includes using mHealth, point of care diagnostic tests, home blood pressure monitors, wearable devices, and developing data sharing infrastructure to support quality improvement and research using electronic health record data. We work closely with experts from industry, UW research labs, and primary care clinics locally, regionally and nationally.
- Home based testing for influenza and COVID-19 – Seattle Flu Study
- Development and pilot testing of a clinical quality measure for diagnosis of lung cancer, funded by the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation
- Blood Pressure Checks for Diagnosing Hypertension – The BP Check Study (PI Dr Bev Green, Kaiser Permanente)
- COVID-19 in Ambulatory Settings: Using NLP to Drive Outcomes and Improve Treatment (CAN DO IT)
- Determining long term outcomes from COVID-19 infection – the INSPIRE multicenter cohort study.
- Detection of respiratory viral infections using wearable devices – national study
- The Healthier Washington Collaboration Portal (WA Portal)
Jack Henry Kotnik
Kari A. Stephens
Monica Zigman Suchsland