Vera Whole Health is a national leader in advanced primary care. Our time-rich model emphasizes empathetic listening and behavior change – rather than profit – as the key to whole person health. We go beyond the symptoms to help people achieve optimum social, psychological, and physical well-being. We’re also the first provider in the United States to earn a Certificate of Validation from the Validation Institute for sound population health cost outcomes.
When you come to work at Vera, you become part of a company who is committed from the top down to changing healthcare for the better. Our culture is built on empathy, trust, challenge, innovation, and growth. Vera is a place where you can have a voice, not be just a cog in the wheel. Join our health revolution and work with a team of knowledgeable, experienced, and dedicated medical professionals who are as passionate as you are about improving patient health.
Transforming healthcare isn’t easy. It takes hard work and dedication. That’s why we offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package. Here are just a few of the benefits you’ll receive.
- Competitive base pay
- Premium medical, dental, vision coverage with health savings account (HSA) pre-tax savings option
- Access to Vera care center services, VeraDirect telehealth, health coaching
- Medical education coverage (2 weeks plus $2,500 stipend)
- Matching 401(k) retirement program
- Generous PTO (4 weeks) and paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Uphold the mission, vision, and values of Vera Whole Health
- Provide all care and duties required of a provider
- Account for overall performance of care centers with your region in partnership with the Regional Director of Operations, including but not limited to patient engagement, patient and customer satisfaction, financial ROI, and quality outcomes
- Lead the care teams within the region to improve patient health through driving participation in annual whole health evaluations, health coaching, and other health promotion activities
- Support change management and comprehensive care management for both individual patients and customer populations
- Support the care teams in providing an optimal patient experience in care centers within your region, improving workflow where possible, ensuring prompt resolution of patient complaints, and driving team member engagement
- Partner with the Regional Director of Operations to ensure all customer needs and expectations are met, which includes open customer communication, regular review of contractual metrics, and development of clear action plans with prompt implementation to address evolving customer needs
- Work with regional care teams to achieve organizational goals related to clinical quality, patient satisfaction, patient engagement, and quality outcomes metrics
- Participate in organizational activities and committees (e.g. weekly provider meetings, Clinical Advisory Committee meetings, Quality Improvement Committee, etc.) to optimize Vera’s processes and programs
- Serve as dispensary oversight, as needed
- Rotate with other providers in the region to ensure coverage after-hours
Education & Experience
- MD, DO, or NP Board Certification with primary care, family medicine, or internal medicine background
- Current, valid and unrestricted medical or ARNP license and valid DEA number
- Minimum 5+ years with case management emphasizing health prevention and population health management
- Minimum 3-5 years of primary care experience
- Minimum 1-2 years leading team-based care
- Experience working in EMR systems, NextGen preferred
- Experience in coding and documentation, including Medicare Advantage and HCC
- Experience with MS Office suite
Visit Vera Whole Health for more information.