Country Doctor Community Health Centers (CDCHC) is a not-for-profit organization that operates two primary care clinics, an after-hours clinic, school-based health centers, and a dental clinic. The Carolyn Downs Family Medical Center was founded by the Seattle Black Panther Party 50 years ago in Seattle’s Central District. The Country Doctor Community Clinic was established in 1971 by the residents of the Capitol Hill community to provide affordable and comprehensive primary health care services. Our founding principles of social justice live on today. We care for patients from around the region and the world, of all ages, gender identities, and abilities, including people with and without health insurance. Our staff work with a multi-disciplinary team of dedicated and dynamic individuals who share our commitment to health equity. We are currently hiring a passionate and mission-driven family medicine physician to join our team part-time at the Country Doctor Community Clinic site.
Job Summary: The Family Medicine Staff Physician w/ OB will be responsible for the delivery of outpatient primary care services and participation in the obstetric call team responsible for providing 24-hour labor and delivery coverage. The weekly clinic schedule is flexible but will include extended- hours care. Inpatient medicine attending call group participation is optional.
The Family Medicine Staff Physician w/ OB will provide high-quality acute, chronic, and preventive patient care, including:
- Care for an existing panel of patients and new patients of all ages
- Prenatal care for low-risk patients and for high-risk patients in collaboration with maternal fetal medicine specialists
- Gender-affirming care for patients who identify as transgender or non-binary
- Office-based opioid treatment for patients with opiate use disorder
- Basic primary care procedures, including but not limited to skin biopsies and excisions, IUD and Nexplanon placement and removal, joint aspirations and injections, and toenail removals
- Eventual opportunities to mentor and teach medical students, pre-med students, and family medicine residents
- Superb clinical judgment and patient-centered interpersonal skills
- Enthusiastic and creative approach to solving problems and improving patient care
- Commitment to cultural competence
- Ability to interact and work well with people from diverse cultures and backgrounds
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Efficient management of electronic health records and ability to adapt to new and evolving information systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google products and working on PCs
EDUCATION and TRAINING:
- Graduate of an accredited family medicine residency program
LICENSURE and CERTIFICATION:
- Washington State independent medical license and prescriptive authority
- Certification by the American Board of Family Medicine (or board eligible)
- Required: Experience working in a fast-paced outpatient community primary care clinic caring for culturally, economically, and linguistically diverse patients
- Preferred: At least two years of post-residency experience as an attending physician managing obstetric patients on labor and delivery
- Preferred: Personal or professional experience working with communities of color, immigrant and refugee communities, LGBTQ communities, and/or patients with substance use disorder
- Preferred: Spanish, Amharic, Tigrinya, or Somali language skills
Salary: $180,000 – $207,457 annually. This range reflects a full-time position based on experience. Obstetric and inpatient call compensation are additional. This is an exempt part-time position.
Benefits: We provide a robust suite of benefits to all employees working 17.5 hours a week or more. Benefits include the choice of three medical plans (2 PPO and 1 HMO). We offer two dental plans (1 PPO and 1 HMO) and an optional vision plan. HMO plans are covered 100% and 75% for dependent children for employees working 35-40 hours a week and is prorated based on hours worked between 17.5-34 hours per week. Spousal and Partner coverage is offered and would be 100% out of pocket cost for the employee. Long-term disability insurance programs, as well as life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment coverage are offered. Also, employees have access to flexible spending accounts, a subsidy up to 50 % of the cost of an ORCA pass, and a generous safe harbor 401K plan with a 3 % base employer contribution plus an additional 2% discretionary match, depending on the amount employee contributes after a year of employment for the discretionary match.
HOW TO APPLY: We are committed to building a culturally diverse workplace and strongly encourage women, persons of color, LGBTQ individuals, veterans, persons with disabilities, and persons from other underrepresented groups to apply. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue on a rolling basis, but applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Please send a cover letter (see below) and resume to the Human Resources Department, e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to refer to “MD/DO position” in the subject of your email.
Please address the following in your cover letter: Country Doctor Community Health Centers is passionate about serving patients of all ethnicities, races, genders, gender identities, languages, and backgrounds, and employing individuals who are equally committed to this mission. To ensure our organization is best serving these populations, we strive to promote policies that enable us to work effectively in all cross-cultural situations, with patients, with our coworkers, and with the community.
How do you think your past or current experiences, professional or otherwise, have prepared you to
contribute to our commitment to cultural humility and diversity amongst our patients and staff?