To provide comprehensive primary medical care services to patients in a primary medical care ambulatory clinic setting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and maintains proficiency in delivery of primary care medical services per ANHC Provider Policies and Procedures as outlined in the Practice Management Manual.
- Communicates the plan of care and all pertinent information to other members of the health care team to provide coordinated patient treatment.
- Shares in delivery of after-hours medical care by cooperatively participating in the hospital call schedule.
- Develops and maintains a working knowledge of basic CPR, anaphylaxis treatment, and emergency protocols as determined by the Quality Assurance Committee.
- Practices ethical conduct at all times during patient contact.
- Maintains an effective professional and respective relationship with other members of the health care team.
- Maintains current written collaborative relationship with collaborative midlevel practitioners.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of triage and advice guidelines for front desk team, staff nurses and nurse team lead.
- Participates in BPHC audits, case management reviews and quality assurance reviews as necessary.
- Participates in the yearly evaluation of peers, supervisors, and the provider’s nurse.
- Keeps customer service and the mission of the organization in mind when interacting with all clients, co-workers, and others.
- As an employee of a federally qualified health center, the Staff Physician will see all scheduled patients regardless of race, ethnicity, social or economic designation and will demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences and needs.
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as back up when other ph• ysicians are not available.
- Maintains a consultative relationship with midlevel practitioners.