Arc Health is seeking a Family Medicine or Internal Medicine physician for the Lummi Tribal
Health Center on the Lummi Indian Reservation near Bellingham, Washington. This position
exclusively serves American Indian/Alaska Native patients who live on or near the reservation.
The clinician will provide outpatient primary care, with a focus on women’s health. Pediatric
experience is valuable but not necessary.
Physicians at the Lummi Tribal Health Center typically work four days a week, from 8am to 5pm.
Currently, most clinicians are doing both in-person and telemedicine visits and working two days
from home and 2 days in the clinic. The usual daily patient load is 16. The call schedule is split
between six providers. It is home call only, with an answering service to screen calls. Typical call
volume is 0-2 per night. The clinic uses the RPMS EMR system (system used by the VA and IHS).
Location & Population:
The Lummi Tribal Health Center is 10 minutes away from Bellingham, WA, and located on the
Lummi Indian Reservation. The mission of the Lummi Tribal Health Center is to raise the health
status of the Lummi people, other American Indian, and Alaska Natives to the highest possible
level. The clinic provides comprehensive health care including outpatient medical, dental, mental
health, preventive healthcare, and public health services. There are nine full-time physicians
(FM/IM/Peds/Psychiatry). The clinic has an on-site pharmacy, lab, X-ray, mental health and
chemical dependency counselors, social workers, public health nurses, and a dental clinic. The
clinic serves approximately 4,500 patients per year.
The Lummi People are the original inhabitants of Washington’s northernmost coast and southern
British Columbia. For thousands of years, they worked, struggled and celebrated life on the shores
and waters of Puget Sound. They are fishers, hunters, gatherers, and harvesters. They traditionally
lived near the sea and in mountain areas and returned seasonally to their longhouses located at a
number of sites on the present reservation and on the San Juan Islands.
● Diagnose and treat acute, episodic or chronic illnesses
● Perform comprehensive physical examinations for adults
● Participate in quality improvement/patient safety projects
● Communicate with collaborating physicians or specialists regarding patient care
Candidates must be:
● Committed to rural, Tribal, and underserved healthcare
● Compassionate, mission-driven social medicine practitioners
● Board-certified in Family Medicine or Internal Medicine
● Experienced in women’s healthcare, including PAP, IUD, Nexplanon, and primary care
● Interested in joining a dynamic and potentially disruptive social healthcare enterprise
● Ideally, licensed in the state of Washington
● Flexible career options that allow rotating between domestic and international work
● Competitive compensation
● Malpractice coverage, including tail insurance
● Flexible spending stipend for loan repayment
● Travel and relocation assistance
● Supportive and engaged community of social medicine practitioners
Arc Health is a mission-driven social healthcare enterprise and actively seeking physicians and
other advanced practice providers of multiple specialties to join us in serving rural, underserved,
and Tribal communities. In underserved, rural communities in the United States and around the
world, there is a near-universal relationship between persistent poverty and a lack of dedicated and
qualified healthcare providers.
This is an opportunity to join an early-stage organization that aims to disrupt the large temporary
medical staffing industry. This opportunity will allow the right leader to shape and transform Arc
Health as we establish a strong rights-based, social mission into the locum tenens space.
Permanent and contract positions are available to providers through four career pathways. Arc
Ambassadors- salaried, one year commitment; Arc Shares- salaried, 6-12 month commitment; Arc
Link- hourly, part-time commitment, and Arc Independent- hourly, 1099 independent contractor
relationship, best for intermittent work. If you have further questions about our pathways, please
email us at email@example.com.
To apply, email your inquiries and CV firstname.lastname@example.org | (260) 438-9375 |