Family Medicine of Southwest Washington (FMSW) Residency Program in the Portland metro area is seeking experienced candidates who are interested in joining their team. Positions are vacant due to retirements of physicians who have been with the program for two decades.
- Osteopathic Physician with 3+ years’ experience, practiced in OMT. Preferably a physician who does OB and enjoys inpatient rounding for maternal child and adult medicine.
- Allopathic Physician with OB experience and wants to participate in inpatient rounding. Preferably a physician with 3+ years’ experience.
FMSW is an unopposed, community-based, University of Washington School of Medicine-affiliated residency program located in Vancouver, Washington. It is a part of the
University of Washington Family Medicine Residency Network and sponsored by PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center.
Why you’ll love the practice:
- 25-year running program
- Join 24 residents, 22 practicing faculty physicians and 3 physician assistants in clinical practice
- NCQA Level III Medical Home
- Embedded LCSW, Pharmacist, and Behavioral Health PhD
- ~18 patients/day per clinic session
- Shared call among faculty
- Program founders are still leading the program
Why you’ll love Vancouver:
- Providers are deeply integrated into the community and a have a strong desire to care for their neighbors.
- Vancouver has a robust, independent city with over 160,000 people with the additional advantage of being part of the Portland, Oregon metro area.
- Vancouver is the county seat in Clark County named for the Lewis and Clark expedition
The temperate climate in eastern Washington and Oregon nurtures beautiful landscapes, bountiful fruit and vegetable harvests, and world famous flowers such as tulips and
- Outdoor lovers will enjoy quick access to the Pacific Ocean, Mt. Hood, Mount St. Helens, and never-ending outdoor recreation options in the Pacific Northwest
- The metro area has world class cuisine, wine, and beer which are mostly locally produced and sourced.
- Downtown Vancouver is only 9 miles from downtown Portland, 80 miles to the Pacific Coast, and 160 miles to Seattle
- Washington State does not have state income tax
- PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center is a 450-bed hospital with a Level II trauma center. They are one of the largest employer in Clark County.
- 24/7 Hospitalist team provides hospital care and call coverage and there is a nurse phone-triage team.
- Last year there were more than 224k outpatient clinic visits
- Over 600 active medical providers with most specialty services provided locally
For more information, please contact:
Kim Dianich, Provider Recruiter Sr.:
KDianich@peacehealth.org / 360-729-1409
Vancouver, Washington – look any direction and the scenery is astounding! Snow-capped mountains, nationally protected evergreen forests, the waterfall-laced Columbia River
gorge, and rugged Pacific-coast beaches – all within a short 90-minute drive. The northwest is a dream come true for outdoor enthusiasts. And against that magnificent
backdrop, Vancouver and neighboring Portland, Oregon offer all the best amenities of city living. What makes our area so special? A thriving arts scene, varied professional
sports teams, unique neighborhoods, and a wealth of diverse culinary destinations.
PeaceHealth’s community of health care professionals in the Vancouver area include PeaceHealth Southwest Medical Center, a 450-bed tertiary-level hospital with complete
services, and PeaceHealth Medical Group, a multi-specialty group serving communities throughout Clark County.