In a dyad partnership with the Program Coordinator, the Program Director will lead and direct the Family Practice Residency Program by devoting principal effort to its management and administration as well as teaching, clinical care, and research.
Job Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrates dedication to Family Practice Resident Education.
- Responsible for monitoring the faculty appointments, assignments, outcomes, and proper conduct of educational activities.
- Responsible for the supervision, direction, evaluation, and administration of the Family Practice Residency Education Program.
- Responsibilities for the Family Practice Residency Program includes:
- Provide direction and leadership necessary to obtain and/or maintain the Family Practice Residency Program with Full Residency Review Committee Accreditation.
- Conduct ongoing review of the residency program as required by RRC and ACGME.
- Responsible for faculty and staff recruitment in partnership with the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of Summit Pacific and the Designated Institutional Officer (DIO) of Graduate Medical Education (GME)
- Responsible for identifying opportunities and implementing an improvement plan in the educational program at Summit Pacific Medical Center.
Leadership Responsibilities – Director
- * Builds and Maintains Relationships: Puts effort into fostering org relationships. Works as an effective collaborator and partner. Develops an external network.
- * Communicates a Compelling Vision and Direction: Champions org vision and department plans. Challenges & supports direct reports in advancing the vision.
- * Demonstrates Effective Management Skills: Successfully performs difficult/complex management tasks, such as: Plans for future service, equipment and physical space needs. Develops and oversees complex department budgets; develops revenue enhancement and expense management plans. Oversees department(s) to meet service and performance expectations. Monitors and manages staff performance, satisfaction and engagement. Maintains accurate and complete records. Leads cross-functional process improvement activities. Monitors department performance indicators; provides regular reports to leadership. Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements and federal, state and local laws.
- * Develops Self and Others: Trains, develops and guides subordinate staff. Invests in personal and professional development.
- *Drives Results: Pushes teams to set “stretch” goals; monitors progress; helps generate breakthrough ideas; encourages teams to learn and try new things; and adjusts course when needed to achieve results.
- *Fosters an Environment of Trust and Integrity: Role models and holds direct-reports accountable for their role in maintaining trust and integrity.
- *Leads Innovation: Applies innovation skills in difficult situations. Displays creativity in adapting traditional methods or developing new procedures
- *Manages Change: Applies change management concepts to facilitate the success of significant changes within span of control.
- *Thinks Strategically: Develops effective cross-functional strategic initiatives that support organization-wide objectives.
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed above, leaders are expected to support and uphold the Summit Pacific mission, vision and values; comply with policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements; and conduct themselves in an ethical, professional, respectful, and collaborative manner.
Required Education and Experience
- MD or DO degree
- Minimum 5 years clinical practice experience in Family Medicine.
- Minimum of three (3) years teaching experience as faculty; experience as a Program Director or Associate Program Director of a Family Medicine Residency Training Program preferred.
- Preferred skills – Extensive leadership, administrative, team building, and communication skills.
Required Licenses, Certifications and/or Registrations
- Board certification by the American Board of Family Medicine
- Active licensed to practice medicine in Washington State
- Current, unrestricted DEA certification is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Advanced working knowledge of ACGME and ABFM.
- Demonstrated competence in clinical skills
- Working knowledge of program management.
- Ability to cultivate effective partnerships and work in collaboration with providers, other health care professionals, staff, patients and community members.
- Strong leadership, facilitation, delegation, and coaching skills.
- Proficient in the use of current technology, including Microsoft Office products. Ability to learn and effectively use electronic medical records and other systems and equipment.
- Professional and effective written and verbal communication skills. Ability to identify and employ communication strategies appropriate to the audience. Ability to maintain accurate documentation and records in a timely manner.
- Ability to work independently performing a wide variety of assignments that require the use of independent judgment, systems-thinking, problem-solving, organization, and prioritization skills.
Visit https://pm.healthcaresource.com/cs/spmc#/job/442 for more information.