Practice Your Passion and Find Fulfillment at the Intersection of Quality Care and Social Justice!
At HealthPoint you’ll find the best of both worlds! An organization dedicated to being at the forefront of best practices and quality care, paired with a culture that is passionate about improving the health of our community, one person at a time.
HealthPoint has been practicing full-spectrum outpatient family medicine in the suburban areas of Seattle, WA for over 47 years. Our progressive, mission-driven organization is dedicated to primary health care including: medical, dental, naturopathic medicine, OB/GYN care and behavioral health.
HealthPoint is a non-profit, consumer-governed, Community Health Center network serving the needs of the uninsured and medically underserved populations in 10 medical clinics, 7 dental clinics, 3 school-based health centers, a family medicine residency clinic, urgent care clinic and 2 health centers based in partner mental health offices.
We employ over 875 staff to deliver care to 90,000 patients annually. Our supportive programs include behavioral health, nutrition counseling, acupuncture, urgent care, peer support, and case management. We are community leaders in initiating and developing collaborative relationships, as evidenced by our partnerships with educational institutions and many community agencies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
This position assists the Residency Director in the training of family practice residents. Responsibilities include direct patient care-including inpatient, supervision of residents’ patient care and educational experiences, maintaining personal academic pursuits, and assisting in the administration of the residency program.
- Teach and supervise residents and medical students in the inpatient and outpatient clinics by role-modeling the “art” of medicine including procedures.
- Participate in the medical education and evaluation of residents and medical students using the core competencies set forth by the ACGME/AOA.
- Engage in one-on-one discussions regarding the care of every patient seen in the family medicine residency clinic.
- Review of patient’s History and Physical exam which may include a face-to-face discussion with the patient to confirm or elicit history. The preceptor may need to repeat parts of the physical exam to confirm findings.
- Evaluate the residents and student’s fund of knowledge, diagnostic process, treatment options and follow up care.
- Review resident charts from both inpatient and outpatient settings as requested and critique the resident’s case presentation and documentation in the medical record.
- Provide comprehensive primary care services in a primary medical care ambulatory clinic, working independently and interdependently with other HealthPoint providers.
- Provide comprehensive medical services in hospital care, working independently and interdependently with other hospital specialists and sub-specialist.
- Assess patient needs for specialty referrals, diagnostic and in-patient care and make appropriate referrals for service.
- Provide patients and family members with counseling and education regarding health maintenance, disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and need for follow up as appropriate during each patient visit. Verify and document that the patient understands diagnosis, treatment and follow up recommendations.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties performed by Resident Faculty.
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduation from an accredited school of medicine or osteopathy, as an M.D. (Doctor of Medicine) or D.O. (Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine).
- Board certified or board eligible in family practice.
- Licensed as a physician in the state of Washington
- Clinical teaching and supervision experience required.
Proof of immunity to varicella, measles, mumps and rubella is a condition of employment. Prospective employees must provide proof at time of offer.
The Rich Benefits and Perks:
- Medical Health Insurance and Wellness Program
- Vision & dental plan
- Flexible Spending Account – both daycare and healthcare
- Life Insurance
- AFLAC supplementary insurance
- Retirement plans with company match
- Generous paid time off
- Growth and development opportunities
- Recognition Program
- And much more!
To learn more about this position, please contact Deanna Ward at 425.203.0415 or firstname.lastname@example.org